If you are injured due to the negligence of another person or company, you may have an action for personal injury. No matter what injuries have been sustained, if they were caused by a third party’s negligence, a personal injury attorney works on your behalf to obtain damages to which you are legally entitled. If a loved one has died due to another’s negligence, you may have a claim for wrongful death.
Example of personal injury lawsuits
Attorney Dennis W. Tackett, a Virginia Beach personal injury lawyer, has more than 20 years of experience in pursuing personal injury claims. In addition, he spent more than a decade processing insurance claims so he knows how the opposition thinks. Just a few of the cases he works on include, but are not limited to:
- Vehicular accidents, including cars, trucks, motorcycles and boats
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bites
- Slip and fall cases
- Premises liability
- Defective products including equipment, tools and pharmaceutical drugs
- Nursing home negligence and abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
Possible damage you may be compensated for
In addition to immediate compensation for your medical bills related to the incident, there are other areas of damages that you may also be entitled to.
- Depending on the severity of your injuries, future medical care may be anticipated. You are also entitled to collect for those future expenses.
- Lost wages. This also includes current wages for time off work and future anticipated loss.
- Rehabilitation including physical and job-retraining if you are unable to return to your previous career due to the injury.
- Pain and suffering.
The law requires you to file your personal injury lawsuit within a certain period of time after the date of the injury. If you miss that date, called the Statute of Limitations, you lose your right to collect damages.
Call personal injury Attorney Dennis W. Tackett, serving Hampton Roads/Coastal Virginia/Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Chesapeake/Portsmouth/Hampton/Newport News. He personally answers his phone so he can directly interact with clients and potential clients and respond immediately to any questions.